Generally, ceiling fan light bulb size depends upon the size which was first used by the manufacturer of the fan. Ceiling fans are of different colors, shapes, and sizes and so ceiling fan light bulbs are. Most ceiling fans are found to be 36 to 56 inches and require 55 to 100-watt bulbs.
We will recommend you know the size and type of the previously installed bulb in order to get the right one for your ceiling fan. continue reading to know more about ceiling fan light bulb sizes and other things that we feel are important for you to know.
You can also visit: Hepa Vs Ionic Air Purifier - Which One Is Better?
Things To Know About Ceiling Fan Light Bulb Size
If you are feeling it is as simple as going to the store and getting a bulb for your ceiling fan then you are wrong. There are several things to consider before going to buy a bulb for your ceiling fan which is perfectly made for it. The first thing you should do is to see the old bulb which was installed by the manufacturer of the fan in the first place.
Consider the following key points in this regard:
- The most commonly used ceiling fan light bulbs are candelabra which are available in three categories: mini, standard, and intermediate.
- The type of bulb you choose depends upon the type of fan you have.
- The base of the ceiling fan can also be measured in order to know the right size of the bulb you need for it.
Ceiling Fan Light Bulbs With Measurements
Ceiling fan light bulbs are manufactured in different sizes which differ in the measurements of weight and height. The following measurements will help you to find out the right bulb for your own ceiling fan.
- Mini Candelabra Bulb: these are known as bulb base E11 that has a width of 0.43 inches and a height of 0.51 inches.
- Standard Candelabra Bulb: these are known as bulb base E12 that has a width of 0.47 and height of o.65.
- Intermediates Bulb: these are bulb base E17 that have a width of 0.54 inches and a height of 0.82 inches.
- Medium Bulb: The medium bulb has a height of 1.05 inches.
Right Way To Find Out The Size OF The Light Bulb
It happens with every friend that sometimes due to an electrical issue or some other cause your ceiling fan light bulb goes out and makes you uncomfortable while you find it difficult to find out the right size of the bulb that would fit into your fan easily and perfectly. Consider the following things before buying a light bulb for your ceiling fan:
The User Manual Can Guide You
We will recommend you go and check the user manual in order to discover the size used by the manufacturer of the fan. In this way, you can easily find out the suggested bulb size for your fan which was previously installed by the manufacturer of this ceiling fan. The user manual usually contains all the technical details and information regarding your fan, the bulb, and other specifications.
Measure The Base Of Your Fan
If you don’t have an old bulb and you have also missed your user manual the next thing you can do to find out the bulb size for your ceiling fan is to go and check the base of your fan and measure its fixture. In our observation experience, we have found out that most fans have a medium base fixture for the light bulbs to be installed.
Measure The Old Bulb Size
The easiest way to know the size of a bulb is to get the previously installed bulb out and measure its size so that you can replace it with the perfect one which can be fixed perfectly in the fixture of the fan’s base. The points we have highlighted here can help you to find out the right size by yourself without any outside assistance.
Are There Universal Ceiling Fan Light Bulbs
If you think that there are some kind of Universal ceiling fan light bulbs then you are not true to believe that. The aforementioned factors on which ceiling fan light bulb size depends make it very clear that you need to get the perfect match of light bulb for your ceiling fan. For instance, if your ceiling fan base is smaller and the bulb size is bigger then obviously they are not gonna make a perfect combination.
Recommended Light Bulbs For Your Ceiling Fan
Your home accessories play a vital role in maintaining your health. For example, if you have a light bulb that frequently flickers then it may cause you severe headaches and eye strains. This is why we think it to be very much important to give you the list of recommended ceiling fan light bulb brands:
- Handsang Candelabra LED Bulb
- Luxrite LED Bulb
- Comzler Candelabra LED Bulb
- Shinestar Ceiling Fan Light Bulb
Frequently Asked Questions
What size light bulb goes in a ceiling fan?
When we talk about common ceiling fans between (36 – 56 inches), we can use 100 Watt bulbs. But for a 48 inches ceiling fan, you use a bulb with 75 watts.
What type of light bulbs do ceiling fans use?
Today, most ceiling fans are designed based on the candelabra style. Their base design is smaller than a regular light bulb. Few companies use the standard size base system. It all depends upon you on what type of blubbing you want in your ceiling fan.
How do I tell what size light bulb I need?
Deciding the size of the bulb is a simple process. The diameter of the bulb is based on its starting point to the widest part. If you want to measure the size, start from the eighths of an inch (⅛”). Let’s say the design of “T12” is a standard size which indicates a tubular bulb that is 12 eighths of an inch (12/8”) in diameter or 1/2″.
How do I know which bulb to buy?
Here are some tips if you want a buy a bulb for your ceiling:
- The first and most important step is to know what type of fitting and cap size you need for the ceiling. If you choose the wrong fitting and cap size it will not fit accurately in the ceiling.
- Decide what type of bulb you need whether it’s LED, halogen, or CFL.
- Always read the specifications of the bulb, especially the brightness and shape of the light.
- Consider the brightness of the blub.
What are the 4 types of bulbs?
The four main types of light bulbs for residential settings are the following:
- Incandescent bulbs.
- Fluorescent bulbs.
- LED bulbs.
- Halogen bulbs are a subtype of incandescent bulbs.