A HEPA reset is a great option if you want to remove harmful bacteria or viruses and get clean, fresh air instead. Removing harmful contaminants is easy and quick to make your house germ-free.
What's A Germ Guardian Air Purifier?
It is a portable air purifier with a TRUE-HEPA filter designed to remove 99.97% of harmful particles from the air. It can remove particles as small as 0.3 microns—the pre-filters capture larger particles like dust and pollen (allergens).
Harmful diseases are transmitted through air, but using this air purifier reduces the risk to the maximum level, and you get a healthy and safer life.
What's A Hepa Filter?
HEPA is an abbreviation of High-Efficiency Particulate Air (filter), also known as High-Efficiency Particulate Absorbing filter or High-Efficiency Particulate arrestance filter. These are pleated mechanical air filters.
The pleats form a fiber mat to capture the harmful tiny particles in the air. They are caught by three mechanisms i.e
How To Reset Hepa Germ Guardian?
Once you change or reset the filter, you won't find it difficult to do that next time. No matter what the model is. These filters are great for improving your indoor air quality, and that's why their constant maintenance is necessary.
If you've been using germ guardian air purifiers for quite some time, you may have reached the point where it needs to reset. It is easy to do so just by holding the reset button for a few seconds until the light stops flashing. There are several methods and procedures; it depends on the germ guardian and the model of the air purifier.
See Our Blog: Can You Put Hot Water In A Humidifier? - Things to Consider
2 General Methods To Reset Hepa Filter Are
For germ guardian HEPA reset, follow the steps below
- Turn on the air purifier
- You'll see a red blinking light that says "HEPA RESET" (some models have a power button instead of a HEPA button) on the display panel of your air purifier.
- Press and hold the button for 5-8 seconds.
- Once the light stops blinking, leave the button
- Your germ guardian HEPA reset is done
In some devices, this method is used. Follow these steps to do the resetting.
- Turn on your air purifier.
- Search for the reset button. It is usually on the display panel of the device.
- Insert a paperclip(most recommended), pen tip(not so recommended), or a pin (thin) in the orifice.
- Press the paperclip, pen tip, or pin until the light stops flashing
- Turn off the filter and turn it on again
- There you go, the germ guardian HEPA reset is done.
Some Important Tips
- Some air purifiers have light indicators that turn on if the filter is being used for many hours. Keep an eye on that.
- For good performance, consider changing the filters every six months
- Before resetting, clean the filters for better maintenance.
Also See: How Often Should I Use A Humidifier For My Plants? - Tips
How To Replace And Reset Hepa Filter?
Red light is the most noticeable light on the display panel of the air purifier. Some models have a beeping noise too. The red light on the air purifier means that the HEPA filter isn't performing well and needs to be replaced or reset.
- Turn off and plug off your air purifier.
- There's a lock and release button at the back of your air purifier; hold it to remove the back cover.
- The HEPA filter will be exposed now; check its color.
- If it's white, it doesn't need a replacement; vacuum it a bit
- If the color is grey/black, you should immediately replace it.
- Don't wash the filters with water; it's not recommended
- Replace the filters carefully
- Put the cover back
- Now reset the device.
Germ Guardian Won't Turn On After Changing the Filter
When you change the filter, it is also important to reset the device. Otherwise, it won't turn on.
There are several ways to fix this; a few are
Many users complain that their germs won't turn on after changing filters, but there's no need to worry. All you have to do is reset the device. Restarting the unit according to the manual will solve your problem.
The other thing you have to focus on is the orientation of the filters. This is users' most common mistake with their germ-guardian air purifiers. The placement in the compartment should be checked if the device doesn't turn on even after resetting the unit.
Check Our Blog: How Many Hours Should Ac Run Per Day? - Let’s Find Out
Safety switches must be engaged properly for an accurate power flow. After placing the filters correctly, if the safety switches are not engaged in how they are supposed to be, you'll face the same problem again.
So make sure that the safety switches are engaged properly in the compartment. But don't damage the safety switches. It might lead you to call the helper at last.
Check The Power Status
The multimeter can tell you about the power status of the device. If the power supply from a particular wall outlet doesn't meet the device's requirements, then you will have to change the power source or call an electrician to fix the outlet.
Fix The Cable
This can be a problem with your power cord. The connection cable must be an issue if the power source is fine. Replace the cable with a new one to solve the problem.
You're lucky if you have a valid warranty. Don't mess up with the wires or the openings if you don't want to void the warranty. Talk to the expert and make a warranty claim.
With so many options, it becomes difficult to choose the best one for ourselves. Germ guardian is a big name when it comes to air purifiers. It has HEPA filtration and UV technology to kill harmful airborne particles.
It can be a good choice for you. We hope the information was helpful.